The Academic Consortium Combatting Ebola in Liberia is a partnership between academic medical centers that have worked together in Liberia over the past 7 years.
ACCEL received $7.5 million from the Paul G. Allen Family Foundation #TackleEbola initiative to mobilize academic medical centers to work to control Ebola.
ACCEL is partnered with the Liberian Post Graduate Medical Council (LPGMC), the Liberian Ministry of Health, the AM Dogliotti Medical School and 22 Liberian Government Hospitals.
To efficiently and effectively meet the high demands of Ebola response, logistics partner Avenir Analytics was added.
Our partners include:
- Liberian Ministry of Health
- Liberian Post Graduate Medical Council (LPGMC)
- AM Dogliotti Medical School
- 22 Liberian Government Hospitals
- The University of Massachusetts Medical School
- Boston Children’s Hospital
- Icahn School of Medicine at Mt. Sinai
- The University of Maryland Medical School
- MIT Humanitarian Response Lab
- Avenir Analytics